Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I am planning a trip with my brothers to do some camping/fishing. One of my brothers is fairly green when it comes to camping. I would like to find a spot that is fairly primitive, but close enough to civilization that he won't freak out. Someone told me that there is good fishing and fairly primitive near Deckers on the S. Platte. Anybody have any suggestions..... Your help is appreciated.

Jim

M

·
0 Posts
Hey Jim - the site is currently under maintenance but here's a link to the South Platte Ranger District for Pike National Forest.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/psicc/spl/recreation_spl.shtml

When you click on the link, there are options on the right hand side. I clicked the camping link and tried to view campgrounds but got the maintenance message. There are also some campgrounds listing under the fishing section. There's also contact information for the ranger station.

I've never camped there, but thought this might be a good resource. Good luck! Sounds like fun!

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
There are only a couple little campgrounds along the river and they [email protected]! BUNCHA DRUNKEN IDIOTS WITH BONFIRES AND HARLEYS ALL NIGHT. Other than that they are fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts