Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around 4:00 headed back towards denver and decided to try fishing the South Platte River Down Stream of Wigwam. Stop / parked near the side of the road at a "P" area. First place I stoped No Fish however great scenary and was all alone except for the occaisional car. Second spot tried I caught 2 nice Rainbows about 12 inches. Then in the sam spot up river a ways, about 30 minutes later, I landed another big 18 inch brown. My camera was in the car so I couldn't take any pictures. Tried another 4 or 5 spots / holes and even fished Buffalo Creek going up to highway 285 towards Old Foxton Road however did not catch any more. Combined with the day at Spinney plus the fish / scenary at the river this day could not have gotton any better.

TH

M

·
0 Posts
fish are biting at deckers? i havent fished there since the fire. its good to hear the fish are in there. now that im back in school i have to find a good weekend to head up there. good job.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I am not a pro to that area however I am glad there are some fish in there....even that nice brown...really supprised me. All the rest looked like stocker trout or bigger. By the way have you been to evergreen lately?

TH

·
Registered
87 Posts
I went to the Cheeseman Canyon stretch, above Wigwam with my son-in-law a week ago. Several fly fishers trying dry flies in the riffles and big pools and nobody seemed to have any luck. My son-in-law tied on a small nymph with a dropper and fished it deep in the Narrows; a stretch about 25 yards long and only 12 feet wide. He pulled out 30 trout in a couple of hours, biggest a 20" bow. I didn't bring a fly rod and was stuck with my spinning gear, finally got one brown on Panther Martin so wasn't skunked.

Buffalo Creek probably won't have fish for a long while. After the fire there were two consecutive 100 year storms on the burn and the creek was scoured out to bedrock. Not much, if any habitat left there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts