Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
river was pretty low, caught a few there with roostertail, nothing big, all bass - tried fly rod awhile & got nothing

went to a smaller pond lake & saw a fish about 2 ft long splashing in a shallow area - was too far to tell what kind

went to that spot and hooked something very big with  the same roostertail, thought it was snagged until it started moving .. got very excited
but it spit the hook ... uggggggh ... was ticked, didnt even get to see it

had to get redemption for that one .. things slowed a bit then saw another larger fish makin waves around the shore - 1st cast & it hit - is the photo with net - was a little over 12" (was released)

-the roostertail was like skunk repellent - had 3 back to back skunks, now im fiending to catch some bigger fish there
-the huge fish i lost was hooked near a pile of sunk tree branches. At sunset fish were surfacing like crazy, there was a huge hatch of some kind of flying bug -. i saw lots of bigger fish near the shore hitting at the bugs. 
-site fishing worked pretty good for these pits - I didnt see one mosquito either
::)

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks .. was a beautiful day too

it's weird, ive never caught a nice bass in colorado until this year - Ive been here since 1990 - only been fishin hard here for 4 years - last 3 years somewhat religiously - mainly river trout

been hammering trout like crazy since learning how to fly fish the rivers - i gave up on the lakes early, until this year because a buddy got a boat, so now i always carry a fly & lake rod - no matter what

a month ago i was askin a friend about colorado bass - he's a fly guide in Val

he wanted to goto wyoming - im glad i found this spot & close to home

and landed some nice fish ... got my bass buzz back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts