Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A beautiful day to be outdoors!!  Went to fish the river and ponds for bass. The ponds are still iced over in alot of areas. There is plenty of open water though.

tried the river by last pond, had no action - streamflow is a trickle, but there are alot of pools. tried the adjoining pond & still no action. Went to the far west bank next to ice cover & tried a plastic crawdad running along bottom thru moss. Near shore the crawdad looked pretty lifelike bouncing along, but no takers.

Was starting to get dark & I had to catch somethin. I biked along river southwest of C470. My usual "skunk-free" spot was all ice ... bummer. So I went back to the bike path bridge because there was open water. Then finally hooked a fish & a new record at that. came home skunk free  :D

I talked to the Park ranger as I was leaving, he said they recently transplanted a bunch of bass here from cooley lake.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually I had a blast, that little one made my day, is a great laugh & I brought back a photo for the fish junkies.  ... I just had to get a fish pic from today at whatever cost.

Even if the smallest bass Ive caught, it was very colorful. I caught about 20 of a lil bigger sized fish near there about 3 months ago, not sure what they were, (defntly not trout), were light brown, no stripes, big mouths. didnt take any photos, wish i did

Today, I should have stayed where I started, sunset seems to produce fish there (about a 30 minute gap), but I went searching .. ya know.  I want to try out the early morning hours there sometime. Today fished about 2-5:30pm

Been watching too many OLN fishing shows with lots of huge catches, was fiending to get out & i did. (T shirt weather .. oh yea) ... I felt like I caught a "survivor" sized fish that 4 people hoped to eat  ;D

If anyone is interested: The bike paths are clear too, a few snow patches here and there. The dirt trails (ie: near dog park) are snowpacked still

·
Registered
459 Posts
Thats a wall hanger!

·
Registered
414 Posts
What? A picture of a small fish and no mention of Dan? He must be losing his rep.

·
Registered
594 Posts
LOL...beat me to the punch. I was gonna say that he must have been fishing with Dan!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts