Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wont pinpoint where but went out on the platte last night by the bike path and hooked up onto a few channel cats nothing really big biggest probably 5 lbs but fun and cool to know they are in there .....used chicken liver on a slip sinker rig ...tons of carp

·
Registered
943 Posts
hey fishing guitars ever fish by the bridge at 88th? you can send me a message if you like

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fishinguitars said:
wont pinpoint where but went out on the platte last night by the bike path and hooked up onto a few channel cats nothing really big biggest probably 5 lbs but fun and cool to know they are in there .....used chicken liver on a slip sinker rig ...tons of carp
Next to the Waste Management?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i havent but that big bend in the river there looks perfect

·
Registered
943 Posts
thats what i thought. it looks like there is a nice pool there

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ve always wondered if there were cats that far out! I seen the monster carp. Do you think the river is too polluted to eat them?

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tossed mine back for the same reason i just dont know ...Its almost unnatural to let a channel cat in the eatting range go ...felt wierd

·
Registered
636 Posts
I never knew that there were cats in there. I heard of trout and seen the carp but that was it. I would highly recommend not eating the fish out of the platte below denver. You caught them in Commerce City huh, that's where I have lived all my life.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I heard about a guy catching the new state record carp out there somewhere they have pictures of it at the tackle shop off wadsworth and 60th

1 - 9 of 9 Posts