Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the river sunday feb 5th. Water is clear and low. Fish are easily spooked. Caught one 14 inch brown on size 16 beadhead prince. Tough fishing.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey, FOD. Glad to hear the SP is producing fish again in that area. Before the Hayman fire, I put in hundreds of days there, avoiding the crowds in the canyon and finding lots of trout up to 20 inches, and, rarely, beyond. Anyway, I've given up on that stretch since the Hayman fire. When I drive by, I rarely see rods on the river below Deckers. Makes me wonder.

Have the trout returned? Are they all stockers? The fella at Flies and Lies in Deckers (Dick Johnson's kid) always says the fishing is fine. But the absence of rods on the river makes me think otherwise. The fishing writers at both newspapers have utterly avoided this topic, so far as I've seen.

Anyone else have stories? Thanks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the fishing here is starting to get better. This is the clearest ive seen the water since the hayman fire. I fished for only a couple hours.Although I was only able to hook into one trout I saw 6 or 7. There was hardly anyone there on a nice sunday afternoon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts