Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey....Has anyone fished the Platte outside of Deckers lately??? Hows it fishin?I havent been up there yet since the fall.....i love that river in the spring and fall

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've been going up to the Deckers-Trumbell area about once a week through the winter (weather and travel commitments permitting), and have had relatively good luck. Usually fish from 11 am to about 3 pm or so. Had much better luck November and December, catching 10-15 rainbows each trip. January-March has been slower, catching 5-10. As usual, small nymphs and midges (#22) work best for me, dropped behind a tan scud. Didn't make it last week because of the snow, but hope to get up there this week once or twice. Planning on the same set up, unless I hear or read something different this week. Let us know how you do.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I go up there all the time. I was there this saturday and sunday.Usually do pretty well. I was catching them on #20 rs2 olive over the weekend.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was there on saturday , used orange salmon egg imitation and only got rainbows on it.
RS2 or Duns were not working as they usually do late on the season.
There was a guy that i stopped to talk to for a second said he was having good luck using some big yellow puffers and zebras ( got a 16" trout at scraggy view on that)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I was there Saturday right up by the dam and hit a 14" bow and a 24" Brown below the big hole across from the lot.  I used a #22 phesant tail below a copper john. I'll provide the pic of the 24" Brown soon. Are the rainbows still running above 11 mile? or is it over?

charliemyboy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well made up yesterday and fished near the deckers area.Not the best day but couldve been worse. I caught three on san juans and three on bwo emergers.The largest was about 15 the smallest around 12 all rainbows.The godd thing for me was i got to break in my new 3wt.Thanks for all the input . thinkin about goin up again this week end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts