Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Depends which ones you mean, there are a couple holding reserviors for drinking water that are off limits, they also have a fence around them I think. There are some lakes on pikes peak toll road, N & S Catamount and Crystal Creek Reservoirs. There are also some lakes on the Air Force Academy but you have to pay for an on post fishing license to fish them.

· Registered
1,566 Posts
All I will say is when I was a young boy I was lucky enough to have access to the lakes you are talking about.There are not any cutthroats of great size.Now granted last time I was there was 10-12 years ago.Tons and I mean tons of brooks 8 to 12 inches and starving! The fish would hit any fly any time and just about every cast! I miss that action once in a while nothing wrong with taking 10 or so starving brooks

· Registered
2,901 Posts
There is a good book out called "Forbidden Waters"-talks about all the lakes in CO that are off limits. It will make you drool!!!

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.