Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was checkin out the topomap and saw these lakes, after some research It seems they may be closed to the public? Does know for if they are open or closed? Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Depends which ones you mean, there are a couple holding reserviors for drinking water that are off limits, they also have a fence around them I think. There are some lakes on pikes peak toll road, N & S Catamount and Crystal Creek Reservoirs. There are also some lakes on the Air Force Academy but you have to pay for an on post fishing license to fish them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The ones Im wondering about are labeled Reservoir No 2,4,5,7,8 etc. And lake Moraine. Most of them seem to hold water from Boehmer Creek. Thanks

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Off limits-unless your a city employee or political hack. ::)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
damn that sucks, I was hoping to check the lakes out this summer in search of some massive cuttthroats.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
All I will say is when I was a young boy I was lucky enough to have access to the lakes you are talking about.There are not any cutthroats of great size.Now granted last time I was there was 10-12 years ago.Tons and I mean tons of brooks 8 to 12 inches and starving! The fish would hit any fly any time and just about every cast! I miss that action once in a while nothing wrong with taking 10 or so starving brooks

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Yes it is the city of colorado springs watershed. They did open 3 of the lakes but you prob know that

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The names are chrystal reservoir and north south catamount reservoirs. It cost 3 dollars for access on the pikes peak toll road.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
There is a good book out called "Forbidden Waters"-talks about all the lakes in CO that are off limits. It will make you drool!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you know where to pick that book up at? I checked amazon and google with no luck. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.