Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pictures say it all. I received these photos with an explanation in an email earlier this year from one of my customers from Wyoming who regularly fishes the Gorge. Further evidence that we're all catching the same fish over and over again, year after year, and in this case, month after month! This shows why one person's carefully released fish can make another person's day later on, and we can all keep paying it forward. Pretty cool either way.

"I was looking at a guide's Facebook page today and the markings on a fish his client was holding caught my eye. After closer comparison I realized it was the same fish I caught and released two weeks prior to the guide's client catching it!!! I told the guide his client could thank me later. It was released again! (moved about three miles since I released it)"

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I've said a THOUSAND times....
A Pic is worth a million $$$'s MORE than a dusty old mount....

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
If you measure properly and take multiple pix (can be done in under a minute) you can have a replica made... lasts forever, and accurate, if a good replica man does it. ;)

·
Registered
902 Posts
If you measure properly and take multiple pix (can be done in under a minute) you can have a replica made... lasts forever, and accurate, if a good replica man does it. ;)
I have about a half dozen fish that I plan to mount and I left them all swimming.

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Nope thats not how it works, you choose a fish that is as close to what the catalog has to offer. its never exactly the same. They can get pretty much right on the money as far as painting, markings etc. One thing I do know is mounts of any kind are crazy expensive.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
NICE!

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Really nice fish! Good to see some evidence of C&R working effectively.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Really nice fish! Good to see some evidence of C&R working effectively.
The C&R works, Plus the Gorge is also a reservoir that is managed properly for Lakers with its 2 fish limit in Utah . The gorge has sustained excellent kokanne fishing despite the fact the lakers are protected and have been prolific and thrived for a long time now. The Fisheries managers in Wy and UT are unlike the Colorado counterparts and do not perceive them as being as ravenous as the Colorado guys think lakers are.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Flaming Gorge Reservoir, Daggett County
See
Fishing across state lines and reciprocal fishing permits on page 8 for license and permit requirements.
  1. Limit 4 trout or kokanee salmon (excluding lake trout) in the aggregate, no more than 3 may be kokanee salmon.
  2. Limit 8 lake trout/mackinaw, only 1 may exceed 28 inches

1 - 20 of 37 Posts