Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening fellas. At work today, I found out that I will be taking over another new park. This one is in Jerome Id. And likely 2 more in the Boise area. So tell me about some fishing in the areas? Is there any reason to be excited?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ummm.... Henry's Fork of the Snake River?! Only one of the best trout fisheries in the West?!

And I think as far as Boise goes there are rivers in the area that get steelhead runs - the Salmon maybe?

Lastly, its Idaho. There's NOBODY up there, shouldn't have many issues with river traffic except on Henry's Fork.

So lots of reasons to be excited.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ummm.... Henry's Fork of the Snake River?! Only one of the best trout fisheries in the West?!

And I think as far as Boise goes there are rivers in the area that get steelhead runs - the Salmon maybe?

Lastly, its Idaho. There's NOBODY up there, shouldn't have many issues with river traffic except on Henry's Fork.

So lots of reasons to be excited.
Isn't Henry's fork closer to Idaho Falls and West Yellow Stone? I'm not too sure. Never fished up that way. I do agree there should be some good stuff in the area.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Isn't Henry's fork closer to Idaho Falls and West Yellow Stone? I'm not too sure. Never fished up that way. I do agree there should be some good stuff in the area.
Yeah I think it's closer to W Yellowstone, but... close enough? I'm sure there's plenty of fishy water to find.

·
Registered
253 Posts
South Fork of the Boise River near Mountain Home has some quality water and fish. The Boise River in Boise, itself, has some fishing available and is actually stocked with some (trapped and transported) adult steelhead in the fall. The Owyhee River just across the Oregon border has some very interesting fishing for brown trout dependent upon water flows. As mentioned, the Henry's Fork is a bit of a drive as is Silver Creek near Sun Valley and the South Fork of the Snake below Palisades Dam. The Clearwater, Snake (Hell's Canyon) and Grande Ronde are a longer haul but all can provide memorable steelhead fishing in the fall- enough to have warranted me to drive from Denver for 20 consecutive years. Yes, there are some opportunities in that area.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
South Fork of the Boise River near Mountain Home has some quality water and fish. The Boise River in Boise, itself, has some fishing available and is actually stocked with some (trapped and transported) adult steelhead in the fall. The Owyhee River just across the Oregon border has some very interesting fishing for brown trout dependent upon water flows. As mentioned, the Henry's Fork is a bit of a drive as is Silver Creek near Sun Valley and the South Fork of the Snake below Palisades Dam. The Clearwater, Snake (Hell's Canyon) and Grande Ronde are a longer haul but all can provide memorable steelhead fishing in the fall- enough to have warranted me to drive from Denver for 20 consecutive years. Yes, there are some opportunities in that area.
Now we're diggin' where there's taters. I like the sounds of some Steelhead. Thanks for the info. It sounds like it might be aa alright place to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts