·
Registered
664 Posts
Big Pond: Largemouth bass
Crappie
Bluegill
Carp
Catfish?

All of the other ponds pretty much have the same stuff but I've heard there's wiper in the "wiper pond" on the north west side.

Pretty much every warmwater pond/ lake fishery across the state is going to have those basic species in them.

As far as techniques go...each species is different and there are a million ways to catch them

Carp and catfish are usually caught on some kind of bait. (although I have caught cats on lures while bass fishing)

sunfish and crappie can be caught on bait (worms/ minnows) or small jigs/ tubes/ spinners/ etc etc etc.

Bass can be caught on anything that looks like it's from mars.

the behavior of all of these species is different as far as what structure/ cover/ water temps they prefer and where they'll be located on a particular body of water at a particular time of year.

If you're new to warmwater fishing, my best advice is to pick a species or two that you find interesting and then do some research on behavior (books, internet) and finally just go out and expirement. small bass and panfish are easy to catch in the summer...big ones are harder to come by but expirementation and experience are the best teachers.

·
Registered
636 Posts
The trout pond gets a stocking of trout in the fall before it freezes and the big pond also gets a handful of tiger muskie every year. I think its like between 7 to 20.

·
Registered
578 Posts
gotmuskie? said:
The trout pond gets a stocking of trout in the fall before it freezes and the big pond also gets a handful of tiger muskie every year.  I think its like between 7 to 20.
Tigers in Riverbend Ponds? Are you sure you're not thinking of Prospect Ponds?

·
Registered
636 Posts
No Scorpion, Prospect gets 20 a year too. I thought I told you about that before? Oh crap, my mistake, its the Riverbend Ponds in Elbert County and not Larimer. ::)

·
Registered
578 Posts
gotmuskie? said:
No Scorpion, Prospect gets 20 a year too.  I thought I told you about that before?  Oh crap, my mistake, its the Riverbend Ponds in Elbert County and not Larimer. ::)
Yeah, I know about the Prospect Ponds stocking, I have the D.O.W. Tiger Muskie stocking list for 2004 and 2005. I have never heard of the Riverbend Ponds in Elbert County!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts