Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out fishing with my two little girls the other day for some stocker trout and was thinking about what other species, if any, would eat the power bait I had on their hooks. I know they make a specific product for crappies, but has anyone ever caught anything else other than trout on your basic power bait nuggets/balls?

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I never have. on the side of the powerbait bottles it does say that it is a "trout formula". I have a little spot on "Lake C" that I can catch Trout, Bass, and Walleye all from the same rock. I will throw out a worm on one rod, and power bait on the other, but the worm gets it all the time. The power bait just sits, and sits, and sits, and. . . . .well you get the point. The bass / walleye ratio is probably 3 to 1 to trout off that rock, so it is evedent off of those findings, that they do not want the power bait. Trout will still hit it, but thats it.

Those are my two cents on the subject but has no scientific data, just my own experience.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
I've heard stories (which may be all they are), of Muskie hitting PB at Lon Hagler. The thing is, I've heard this from different people? Probably an urban legend. My buddy almost always, and wherever we go uses PB. He's only gotten Trout. Try the Gulp worms. Also made by Berkley, and come in the same kinda jar.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Standard Powerbait I've only caught trout on, the Gulp or Powerbait worms, leeches, etc can be used to catch trout as well, but I have had a crappie or two on the worms/leeches but I do bet they are of a different formula then the normal powerbait and they also look different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts