Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you like anchovies? Do you like a challenge? Well I challenge you to fish at barker and not catch a fish under 7". Spent all day there, literally lost count of how many 4-6" trout we pulled in. Worms, kastmasters, spoons, they like them all. They didn't want any power bait, nobody did. Caught maybe 5 Kokanee under 6" and the wife saved the day with one 14" Kokanee which I'm about to make for lunch. Little bastards just will not get out of the way and let you catch a real fish. Caught em close in, switched to the ultra lite rod that I can throw way way out, caught the little turds way way out. Tried deep tried shallow. I believe barker is daycare where the big fish drop off their little ones and go somewhere else.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Do you like anchovies? Do you like a challenge? Well I challenge you to fish at barker and not catch a fish under 7". Spent all day there, literally lost count of how many 4-6" trout we pulled in. Worms, kastmasters, spoons, they like them all. They didn't want any power bait, nobody did. Caught maybe 5 Kokanee under 6" and the wife saved the day with one 14" Kokanee which I'm about to make for lunch. Little bastards just will not get out of the way and let you catch a real fish. Caught em close in, switched to the ultra lite rod that I can throw way way out, caught the little turds way way out. Tried deep tried shallow. I believe barker is daycare where the big fish drop off their little ones and go somewhere else.
Try deep with tubes next time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts