Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the canoe out today with my fishing buddy and decided to try spiney out for first time this year. did great, at least for us. with the luck had fishing the metro lakes it was good to actually catch some fish. cought 19 before 9 at the first pull out, in anywhere from 12 to 20 foot. many big ones cruisin the surface about 3 foot down. didn't catch any with any size, all betrween 15-18 inches but they were a blast. by the way all of my fish were caught on the barbie pole as well, its good to hear there are others out there that can have fun with the sport too and not take it too seriously all the time. we were throwing tiger and rainbow kastmasters and yellow/red daredevil. when fishing slowed we moved to the west side of the dam and cought 6 more. then it got a little rough for the canoe, so we decided to call it. had a great day though. Finally got this fishing season started off right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also forgot to mention that i talked to some fly fihsers and they were doing well on wooly buggurs, and copper johns, and when it got windy they just floated egg patterns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts