Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric and I caught 8 Bows  between 18-21". Real nice 3 lbers mostly. All were caught on jigs. The really big trout that Spinney is famous for never showed but we had a good time anyway. Most of these fish put on a great leaping display!!!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't check? Doesn't matter anyway. Just get up there and fish!!!! Now till ice up is the best time of the year to fish there!

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Do you think it (Spinney) will still be open around Nov 17,18, 19th ? I've had 2 planned trips up there canceled. :( My wife and I have a few days off then, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

F

·
0 Posts
its always hard for me to get all the way up there too james....but when I do I always kick myself for not going up there more often

·
Registered
280 Posts
Neal were you fishing off a boat? Sounds like a pretty good day, I would like to get try it one more time before the change.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I never fish Spinney in a boat. I just walk into where the dam and the east shoreline meet. The wind is usually blowing into that area and forming a mudline. The fish are always shallow in the fall!

Yesterday was wierd though. When we got there the lake was totally fogged in and I thought we were going to kill them. I got a 20 incher on the 4th cast. Then it cleared off and the sun came out. It was dead calm and the water was very clear for about three hours and the fishing sucked. Then the wind came out of the opposite direction than it normally does, from the Northeast. Once there was a decent chop on the water again we started to catch fish again.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Thanks guys. My 1st trip coincided w/ my wife going back to work after maternity leave, and my 2nd didn't work out cause the wife and daughter were both sick. This time I'm definatly going. I've been saving every article or report on Spinney and can't wait to fish it.
Neal --- Nice report! ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts