Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiked to backside,arrived @8am.  3rd cast on a gold bouyant caught this 20" cutbo:

My buddy caught this 19" bo on a gold [email protected] about 10am:

I caught a 16" bo on a gold kasty about 1130am, and my buddy got 2 bo's on a rainbow kasty at noon.  I tried various lures then switched to flies on a bubble, then threw tubes to no avail. Finally at 130 pm I was throwing a colorado spoon and caught this 20.5" bobo:

Final tally was 3 each on metal in 6 hrs. Not spectacular,but hey it was fishin!

F

·
0 Posts
Re: Spinney 10-29

good looking fish. was it crowded up there this weekend

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

No pike,saw several decent trout jumping out away's. Quite a few boats out there,prolly 20-25 at least. Absolutely no one fishing near us,cause we walked 3-4 miles.

F

·
0 Posts

Thats what seperates the men from the boys. Its a win win situation you get away from people and even if you don't catch fish your in the outdoors getting exersize away from the bozo's who only fish right off a parking lot(handicap people excluded of course)

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Right on,dude! One of my secret lures isnt a lure at all, its being in shape!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts

I agree that getting away from the crowd can pays off! But at Spinney it is unneccasary in the fall. Eric and i caught 8 nice fish there last weekend along the east shoreline a couple of hundred yards south of the boat ramp. That lake is full of fish no matter where you fish! I would stay away from the north shoreline though, because it is shallow and weedy and difficult to fish from shore or even wading

Anyone seen any Browns this fall?

F

·
0 Posts

how do you tell the difference between a cutbow and a rainbow.
My cousin caught a really colorfull fish the other day and I think it was a cutbow but im not sure.

Y

·
0 Posts

Also fished on Sat. Fished for pike and only managed 3, 1 10" and two at 20", and yes they were very skinny. They inhaled my red/yellow panther martin. We fished the inlet most of the day and battled the weeds. My wife did not catch anything, she was pissed. We had lots of large trout follow our lures to the boat but they would not hit. Just didn't have good luck, don't no why, I even threw bouyants and kastmasters but only got a couple of hits and had one shake off. Just not our day.

·
Registered
405 Posts

Beautiful fish Slayer; nice going Fishinguitars! I swear we have to come up with some type of award for the Slayer for being one of the most ?Hikingest fishing catching dudes? on this board! The man lives up to his forum name!!! YOU DA MAN!!!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

Slayer I said it before I say it again you da man. Nice fish, great report. How was the wind out there?

·
Registered
833 Posts

I was one of the 20-25 boats out there. Man, I was surprised to see that many boats this time of year!
Started fishing Buffalo Bay with craw colored tube jigs.
We hit three bows in the first 1/2 hour but nothing huge.
We hit a dry spell when my son switched to a white w/ pepper tube jig and the spanking began. Rainbows, browns, and pike all hit this color. Caught 18-20 between the 3 of us with 4 browns in the mix. The 5 pike we caught were all skinny hammer handles.
Slayer, didn't get over to the bluffs until about 1:00 when the wind really picked up. Looked for you but didn't see
a dog. Sounds like you had a pretty good day.

I'll try and get some pics posted. Our biggest bow was 22' and 20" brown.

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

We were the ONLY guys fishing that point north of buffalo bay. The dog sits real quiet on the ground,I forgot he was even with us. I thought I saw a ranger go by,was one of you wearing a green jacket?Or green on it?

Hey Yellowjackets-were you two wearing YELLOW rain jackets? If so I saw you around 130-2pm.

·
Registered
833 Posts

All three of us had green jackets on along with bibs and gloves. Jeans just don't cut it with the cold wind unless
your manly like Slayer. I'm just a wimpy warm weather transplant from Cali.

Y

·
0 Posts

That was us in the yellow winter coats, had to put the ice fishing clothes on when the wind picked up, Sounds like everybody had a good day except for us, I have been to spinney 4 times now and just can't seem to dial it in. Wasted to much time Sat. casting big lures for pike. We have had ok days with 3 or 4 bows but only one over 20" so far....O-Well..we will get them next time...glad to here you and hammer did well now I know what to use next time.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts

Nothing spectacular you say? Looks like you caught quality fish, sounds like a good day to me.

Dan

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Hey dan,I dont want to sound conceited or anything,but when I hit Spinney I'm not happy unless I catch a bobo or browny 23-26". Or at least have one on that size.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts