Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to Spinney and fished from 11 to 5 on Thursday, camped at 11 mile and fished Spinney again Friday morning. The gal at the entrance shack told us 290 vehicles came in by noon on opener.
We landed about 30 trout 17 to 22 inches, another 20 or so were LDR's and missed many other hits. Primarily used egg patterns and phesant tails on fly rods or freshwater basics (legal) tube jigs on casting rods.

72 year old fishing partner who still loves fishing and camping.

Typical fish for our trip

One of the larger fish for us. Kind of beat up on the back like from a pike or bird attack or maybe hit by a 1oz Kastmaster.

Good trip with warm weather. Spinney may not be at it's best but not bad either. No fish dipicted in this post were kept or eaten as that is my normal MO. Good luck if you get a chance to go and walk around to the south side if the wind is too strong on the north or dam!

·
Registered
11 Posts
sounds like you had a good time too, quick question.... "legal tube jigs" is there illlegal tubes?

andy

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
andyschell50 said:
sounds like you had a good time too, quick question.... "legal tube jigs" is there illlegal tubes?

andy
Fresh Water Basics are unscented and unsalted plastics.... you can buy them at Sportsman's warehouse.

Any lure that is scented or salted is considered bait and thus illegal to use on fly and lure waters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
by golly been fishin here all my life and never knew that, didn't know they were impregnated with salt either, i really got to learn how to read i guess. thank you very much for the info, ill be extra careful from now on i guess.

andy

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
andyschell50 said:
by golly been fishin here all my life and never knew that, didn't know they were impregnated with salt either, i really got to learn how to read i guess. thank you very much for the info, ill be extra careful from now on i guess.

andy
Its a new rule this year so dont feel bad about fishing here all your life and not knowing it.... You are however allowed to use any size of lure on fly and lure waters now as long as its unscented.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts