Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got one of my boat motors working and headed for Spinney.Started fishing around 7:30am and had my first fish within 5 minutes.I was using a pink ;)taz devil and a floating rainbow rapala.Caught around 10 fish in the next 4 hours,1 brown and the rest bows.The lake was like glass all morning.The temp was between 44deg and 46deg.The motor i have idles fast so I was running about 2.4 to 2.6 mph,I think if I could have kept it under 2mph i would have caught more fish :-\.I have fished Spinney quite a bit and the average fish today was bigger than in the past,most 17"-19".Great day

· Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FishinBud,I just long line them behind me.I usually cast them out a ways and pull off a couple more strips the length of the rod.Its definately a good place to take someone to catch a bigger than average fish,and always a shot at a trophy.This time of the year I stay close to shore while trolling,and a lot of my fish came off of points,on the south side of the lake.Until this site,this is about the only method I used(and have been fairly successful)but last year I started to use leadcore with good results,and this year I am going to try bottom bouncers,and maybe planer boards.Always something new to learn.Last year in mid May the fishing at Spinney was awsome(20-30 fish in 6 hours).It should only get better.

lyn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.