Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spinney is still in good shape! Wind was brutal all morning and the temp wasn't all that pleasant, but the fish didn't mind. From 9 to 6, caught 30. Most were 18 to 20" also caught 6 between 21 and 22", 2 23" and one 24 1/2. Not many people out I take it because of the weathe. I tried a variety of flies, san juans, eggs, scuds, and a few different calibetis, but the scuds and san juans were what were doing the trick.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Sounds like a productive day oats! All rainbows or did you get any cuttbows or browns?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys don't need any kind of water craft until mid May or even later. Most of the fish at Spinney are cruising the shore around this time of year.
Methiolate Man, try some hardware or small jigs, anything that resembles a crayfish or a fly and bubble.
TFB most of the fish in Spinney are all cutbows, I rarely catch any pure rainbows or snakeriver cutts. There's still a lot of browns but I don't catch any until all the hatches.

D

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
They will start collecting run off soon and it looks like Antero will not be filled this year? So I would expect Spinney to be baotable by June?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Neal/CO said:
They will start collecting run off soon and it looks like Antero will not be filled this year? So I would expect Spinney to be baotable by June?
I'm eagerly awaiting some input on that also NEAL. :D

·
Registered
344 Posts
I was at 11 mile this weekend and spoke with Larry at the marina and he said that Spinney will be ready for trailered boats in about 2 weeks. I went by there on Saturday and the boat ramp was actually somewhat in the water. Honestly, if the DOW allowed it, guys could launch smaller crafts with trailers right now.

·
Registered
440 Posts
MethiolateMan,

Hey, that's great news. You one-heckuva-fishing-reporter! I put you on my list of Fish College Perfessors. You great guy! ;D

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have caught more fish in one day at Spinney then I have combined at 11 mile. I really have a tough time figuring out the fish at 11 mile. I will be up at 11 mile and Spinney this weekend and I will give a report. I have a cabin up at 11 mile so I always am up there. I going to fish the NO Name Tournament up there. Does anyone have any advice about what fish to target and how. The tournament pays $500 to the largest pike, kokanee, and trout. Which fish will be the most active at this time of the year? and the easiest to catch?

·
Registered
103 Posts
last few years at no-name, name of the game for me was kokes,long long line little florescent taz devils, on either side of the narrows, which ever had lighter boat traffic, way better early bite, and two pike 12# and 15# from shore on green pb, both late night, only a few trout there for me during the hours but someone always seems to get into the money from shore around the ramp on sunday am, have fun, I gotta sit this year out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts