Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get enough of this place, the action is still very good. I caught 25 rainbows, a buddy caught 6 during his first trip out. He's hooked and already wants to plan another trip. A lot of smaller fish from 14 to 18" alot around 20 and we landed four 22 inchers. Great weather and very few people.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Oats,
I hope your still on. I am planning to go to Spinney tomorrow and have never fished there. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Are you fishing in the lake itself, or between the two reservoirs. I spent part of yesterday at Twin Lakes with zip, and saw a lot of fish today on the Arkansas but did not do well in the catching department. Thanks for any info.
Bill

·
Registered
386 Posts
Oats,
Got to Spinney late this morning, (honey do's at home.) Fished from 11:00 till 2:00 and had one brown, one cutbow, and four rainbows. All were nice fat and strong fish in the 14-16" range. I tried a variety of spin baits and had fish on 5 different baits, so no one thng was "hot". I wanted to do some flyfishing but the wind was at mach 2 or so, I left the fly rod in the car. All-in-all a satisfying 1st experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts