Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well. Finally went to see what's going on there. Found out that at least in the half mile long stretch that me and my brother walked it's way too shallow along the shore with no drop offs. Next time float tube. As we got there we saw this guy catching a pike. My son wanted to run over and see so we did. The guy asked if we wanted it. Said he wasn't putting it back in the lake because it eats his baby trout. Just shook my head and walked away.

Anyhow I Figured out my step in figuring out that place. Won't even try from the shore next time

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
. The guy asked if we wanted it. Said he wasn't putting it back in the lake because it eats his baby trout. Just shook my head and walked away.
You can't fix stupid. Bet he was a sissy sticker.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
But they do eat baby trout....and baby pike, and baby bass and baby ducks... And that guy was a moron, because he doesn't realize why those BIG trout in the Mile are so big.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
I do believe there is still a catch n kill on pike in spinney.
No there is not any kill order on Pike in South Park!!! Who ever keeps spreading that rumor is full of ****!!!!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
On the sign at Spinney I think the way they phrase it is something like 'encouraged to harvest/kill pike especially those under 24" ' I don't understand the attitude toward pike in Colorado (I do understand from what is stated by CPW and attitude of trout only fishermen just don't agree). Pike is a great fighting and great eating fish; we loved them in Michigan...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the sign at Spinney I think the way they phrase it is something like 'encouraged to harvest/kill pike especially those under 24" ' I don't understand the attitude toward pike in Colorado (I do understand from what is stated by CPW and attitude of trout only fishermen just don't agree). Pike is a great fighting and great eating fish; we loved them in Michigan...
Man. I'm going to have to go back and see it. I read the whole sign Sunday and I don't remember anything like that... not gonna do something illegal to the sign... Just wanna see it

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
No there is not any kill order on Pike in South Park!!! Who ever keeps spreading that rumor is full of ****!!!!!!
I got in an argument with a few sissy stickers about this. They were dead set on it being true. They were surprised when I showed them the page and regs for Spinney. In the end they said it was the ANS guys telling them this......which is about the biggest pile of steaming crap I have heard.Damn idiot ANS guys. For guys who have a hard time doing simple inspections they sure do know a lot :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
The ANS guy told me that too...I chastised him...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Again, I do not agree with the agenda but this is what is on the CPW page for Spinney http://cpw.state.co.us/placestogo/parks/SpinneyMountain/Pages/Fishing.aspx

Pike Management at Spinney Reservoir

In order to successfully manage both the trout and pike populations in stable numbers, CPW has instituted several innovative management techniques for Spinney Reservoir. These include removing all size and bag limits on pike; stocking trout only in the late fall or early winter when pike metabolisms have slowed down (they are less hungry); stocking trout that are at least 12" long; and encouraging fishermen to harvest all pike caught, regardless of size.
This final measure is important to reduce the number of smaller pike present in the reservoir, allowing for a larger number of healthy, trophy- sized pike to be recruited

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Encourage is a lot different than a reg. If they left more pike in Spinney the trout might get as big as the ones in 11 mile.

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Boom, that is a management technique and not a kill order like what is going on up at Green Mtn and Wolford. The last sentence of that clip says it all........

MIC DROP!!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Perch grow big in Spinney, why not some walleye?
Colorado mackinaw will probably blog about how if you want walleye, you should go to Minnesota. Lol.

More Colorado lakes need to take a note from the Wyoming playbook... Coincidence that most of the big trout lakes there have walleyes or smallies?

·
Registered
936 Posts
I caught a 42" about a month ago. When getting inspected we told the ANS guy about it and you could actually sense the he was angry when he went to inspect the livewell and there weren't any pike in it... He went on to tell me that I essentially did a disservice to the lake by letting it go. People in this state think that pike are some sort of infectious disease that have to be removed or the lakes will be heading for certain doom.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I caught a 42" about a month ago. When getting inspected we told the ANS guy about it and you could actually sense the he was angry when he went to inspect the livewell and there weren't any pike in it... He went on to tell me that I essentially did a disservice to the lake by letting it go. People in this state think that pike are some sort of infectious disease that have to be removed or the lakes will be heading for certain doom.
I'd tell him that unless he has a masters degree in biology... To shut his Whore mouth and do his job.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
most ans inspectors tell every boater, 'kill them all'. theyve stopped telling me that bullshit bc i give them such a great response to beeing told that nonsense.
i really enjoy letting them know i needed a counter to keep track of all the perch i caught & let go. :)

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
It seems increasingly clear that being a moron is a pre-requisite to being a ANS inspector.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 69 Posts