Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back with waders this time. Overcast, light rain. Good day to fish. Hooked one pike. Got it to about ten feet of shore and my line snapped. Looked like he chomped it. It was big for me. Easily 28 inches. Bragging board worthy but I didn't land it. And it took my metal. really bummed. Then I took off the waders and my feet were wet. Great. Even better. Smh. Oh well. I had such high hopes. Welcome to skunk town.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I wouldn't really consider it a skunk if you hooked one and just didn't land it. That's better than just doing an arm workout casting over and over and getting nada.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't get into any. I was on the shore. From a boat more than likely. with the bait not being permitted I don't bring kids

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
keep payin your dues... it will happen

·
Banned
553 Posts
Any trout action? Thinking about giving it a go with the 10 yr old?
You want trout action hit sloans. Been stocked many many times this summer and a great place for kids. (If you dont mind an afternoon of circus music)

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Decided not to. Wasn't in the mood to walk up to a place to find out it was dead.
Wanted to get into fish. Went to 11mile yesterday with my dad in his boat. Got into a few rainbows trolling and a little salmon on a Devil
Glad you got into some! That place used to be awesome for kokanee. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts