Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Spinney again today. It was slower than it has been the last few weeks. I talked to two couples that had been up there since Sunday and they said Sunday was great, but the past three days have been slow.

Bluebird skies...no wind until 2:30..water temps 68 to 71 degrees.

Not a ton of bugs, fewer midges. Did see a few callibaetis, a few Caddis, and some damselflies. Would have liked to have seen more.

I did end up picking up nine trout, with two browns, and 8 pike... the pike were small. But, it was a great day getting out, and I had a good time. Maybe Jefferson next week.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Maybe I'll meet up with you at Jefferson..... I need to get my toon out there

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Nice brown. It's always nice to get a little surprise like that every once in a while. Since I started floating spinney and really figuring it out, my regular all around setup which is a 6wt has been in the shop. Therefore I've been using my 9wt.It is actually kind of nice and has its and advantages especially with pike but my 6wtis finally ready to go so I'm stoked to get back out ther and use something a little lighter and really feel that tug.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Nice brown. It's always nice to get a little surprise like that every once in a while. Since I started floating spinney and really figuring it out, my regular all around setup which is a 6wt has been in the shop. Therefore I've been using my 9wt.It is actually kind of nice and has its and advantages especially with pike but my 6wtis finally ready to go so I'm stoked to get back out ther and use something a little lighter and really feel that tug.
get a 2wt and have some real fun

nice job hobie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts