Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up early and on the water at 7:30am. Hooked up on the first of 2 pike at 7:50am, throwing BIG UGLY spinner baits. Neither worthy of a picture (24"). Weed are high and almost everywhere, water temperature was 62deg early, up to 64deg by noon. Big trout are cruising the shallows at the inlet end. About 10am the surface action on trout was everywhere, (but we weren't fishing bobo's). Never saw another net move, slow for everyone, one report was trout 20" down over the Platte cannel on cranks. We are blaming it on the MOON, in between new/full.

The good... Nice views, no traffic at 5am on Sunday, didn't get blown off the lake, avoided the skunk!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Great report Mrpike. Thanks. Glad you didn't get the skunk and had a good day with little wind. I haven't been to Spinney but once this year - early when it was down 10 feet or more. Bad memories of the boat ramp!

62 degree water sounds like they should be strapping on the feedbags pretty darned soon. I may have to get up there soon.

Thanks again

·
Registered
16,684 Posts
A Mr. Pike sighting! Last time I saw you we were on the Crack pounding the short 'eyes!
About 5 years ago-

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Nice report... I fished pike on Sunday and it was slow. The one monster that committed bit my dad off (40lb leader)... It's gettin close!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A Mr. Pike sighting! Last time I saw you we were on the Crack pounding the short 'eyes!
About 5 years ago-
;D Yea Slayer, been chasing my kid around with High School Baseball and Football. Been on the water 3-4 times a year. Had my Lund Mrpike16 totally apart last summer and replaced the transom board, "transom rot" what a pita! Ship shape now, kid is in college, time to hit the water, prepping for retirement.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Ugh god, as if there aren't enough things to go wrong in a boat. Good to hear from more pike fisherman on here.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow! That transom project seems to validate the old saying "If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question!" Quite an ambitious project - good luck with it!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
If anyone else ever has a problem, I helped a buddy replace his transom last year. It was a piece of cake. Used an electric chainsaw to take out the rotten transom and then poured Seacast. No more wood in the transom. It will never rot again. About a six/ seven hour job start to finish. Solid as a rock. Worked really well and their customer service is excellent..will answer any questions you could possibly have.

https://www.transomrepair.net/

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=seacast

1 - 8 of 8 Posts