Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry no pics. Fished spinney from 8-12 like I normally do. Tried bugs under an indicator, streamers, etc and got one. Tried spoons and rapalas and a bunch of other stuff that didn't work. Didn't see one person catch anything all day. Then went to eleven mile. As soon as I got there, I saw people catching. The bite was much better at eleven mile. I fished a pb outfit and threw lures. Got four fish on pb. Two of the fish were cutbows that were my biggest eleven mile trout yet.they were HUGE! My buddy and I were fishing side by side, only I was using pb balls like twice the size of his. And the fish I caught were much larger. Don't know if it was coincidence or what but anyways it was a good day at eleven mile. Found some new spots that I really like and catching fish like that there is getting me so psyched for ice season. Can't wait!

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Found some new spots that I really like and catching fish like that there is getting me so psyched for ice season. Can't wait!
LOL...you'll be fishing with 100 of your closest friends on those new spots of yours on the ice! Every swingin dick that doesn't own a boat gets to go out in the same places the boaters get to go plus the boaters out there...gets pretty crowded on that whole lake!!! Good luck though!!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Found some new spots that I really like and catching fish like that there is getting me so psyched for ice season. Can't wait!
LOL...you'll be fishing with 100 of your closest friends on those new spots of yours on the ice! Every swingin dick that doesn't own a boat gets to go out in the same places the boaters get to go plus the boaters out there...gets pretty crowded on that whole lake!!! Good luck

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Sorry no pics. Fished spinney from 8-12 like I normally do. Tried bugs under an indicator, streamers, etc and got one. Tried spoons and rapalas and a bunch of other stuff that didn't work. Didn't see one person catch anything all day. Then went to eleven mile. As soon as I got there, I saw people catching. The bite was much better at eleven mile. I fished a pb outfit and threw lures. Got four fish on pb. Two of the fish were cutbows that were my biggest eleven mile trout yet.they were HUGE! My buddy and I were fishing side by side, only I was using pb balls like twice the size of his. And the fish I caught were much larger. Don't know if it was coincidence or what but anyways it was a good day at eleven mile. Found some new spots that I really like and catching fish like that there is getting me so psyched for ice season. Can't wait!

you did much better than me yesterday. the bite was rough on my end of south park..... I shoulda gone to elevenmile. was it windy out that way?

and tony is right, that lake gets pounded during first fishable ice.... but there's enough lake for everyone, and theres alot more productive spots than the popular places, (even though the popular places can be very good as well.) over the last 2 years I've fallen in love with that lake again.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
LOL...you'll be fishing with 100 of your closest friends on those new spots of yours on the ice! Every swingin dick that doesn't own a boat gets to go out in the same places the boaters get to go plus the boaters out there...gets pretty crowded on that whole lake!!! Good luck though!!!
Ya it gets busy(especially if you can only fish it on weekends) but I've also been out there when it was practically just me.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

you did much better than me yesterday. the bite was rough on my end of south park..... I shoulda gone to elevenmile. was it windy out that way?

and tony is right, that lake gets pounded during first fishable ice.... but there's enough lake for everyone, and theres alot more productive spots than the popular places, (even though the popular places can be very good as well.) over the last 2 years I've fallen in love with that lake again.
There were like two hours yesterday where it was slightly windy but other than that it was pretty much a calm beautiful day all day.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
There were like two hours yesterday where it was slightly windy but other than that it was pretty much a calm beautiful day all day.
the wind didn't blow AT ALL when i was up there. i kinda treat those south park lakes like grey reef's dam face.... when it comes to fishing from shore, wind is your tough-love giving friend. the last 2 times i was up in south park the fishing sucked, until the breeze picked up.

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
We're not questioning your ability to fish dude, that's not the problem. The looky Lou's are the problem, once they see you catching fish they'll be drilling holes right around you in a village setting. That lake can be worse than the metro area lakes. Colonative and I have been out for the last 5 weeks hitting the lakes and have brought in over 70 eyes, a few good ones but mostly shorts. Once people see us pulling them in, our boat is like a frickin magnet for guys that can't figure out what to do. We had our marker buoy out last week and as we ventured off it about 25ft following the fish out, a known local guide that was watching us floated right over our buoy and reached over to his Lowrance and marked the spot as a waypoint. We both looked at each other and couldn't believe he would have the balls to do that! You have to fish with defense anymore kinda like driving down I-25!!!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We're not questioning your ability to fish dude, that's not the problem. The looky Lou's are the problem, once they see you catching fish they'll be drilling holes right around you in a village setting. That lake can be worse than the metro area lakes. Colonative and I have been out for the last 5 weeks hitting the lakes and have brought in over 70 eyes, a few good ones but mostly shorts. Once people see us pulling them in, our boat is like a frickin magnet for guys that can't figure out what to do. We had our marker buoy out last week and as we ventured off it about 25ft following the fish out, a known local guide that was watching us floated right over our buoy and reached over to his Lowrance and marked the spot as a waypoint. We both looked at each other and couldn't believe he would have the balls to do that! You have to fish with defense anymore kinda like driving down I-25!!!
Huh? Sorry I'm not following. I don't think you insinuated that I don't know how to fish and I didn't indicate that I thought you did. If you're referring to my quote of you without any other reply that was an accident and I can't seem to delete it from my phone

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
No I was replying to your other post that was there when I started typing but gone after I posted...no biggie!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Colonative and I have been out for the last 5 weeks hitting the lakes and have brought in over 70 eyes, a few good ones but mostly shorts. Once people see us pulling them in, our boat is like a frickin magnet for guys that can't figure out what to do. We had our marker buoy out last week and as we ventured off it about 25ft following the fish out, a known local guide that was watching us floated right over our buoy and reached over to his Lowrance and marked the spot as a waypoint. We both looked at each other and couldn't believe he would have the balls to do that!
Keep telling ya...marker buoys should only be used as decoys..

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
LOL...I know but it was breezy and Natives Ipilot was acting up so we marked our spot to keep on track!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts