Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to spinney at like 630 yesterday morn. We fished til like noon. Fishing was rough. The weeds all over didn't help matters. My buddy and I each caught one. My buddy caught his when he was lowering down a hemo on his bottom fly to set the depth. He had to handline it until he could get it on his rig. There was hardly anyone there at all. The fish I caught was only like three feet deep in about 20ft of water on a red copper john. Headed to the blue since the fishing wasn't great. Killed it at the blue. Caught tons of fish-all on mysis. If you're gonna fish the blue below the dam you better have some shrimp. I fished two mysis yesterday and that was it. It was one of those days where if you put it in their face they're pretty much guaranteed to hit. I love those days. And at a place like the blue where you can practically see all the fish it's a fun experience. It was rainy and overcast, too, so you could walk right up on em and not spook em whatsoever.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Nice! - it's funny how mysis are it again after a couple years of low water and little to no mysis being flushed out into the river. I haven't been to either location this year but I'm enjoying hearing about the exploits of others.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts