Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a lot of issues with our park system and fisheries.

One issue that I think is worth mentioning is the ramp situation at Spinney.
One dock at the north ramp (the most used) is not enough when the wind blows or a lot of boats are there.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Does the wind blow much at Spinney?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
And it never blows there from the southwest...only from the northeast...thats why they put the ramp in that wind protected corner!...

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Spinney in Native American lingo means..."tall grass grows sideways!"
Wyoming in Native American lingo means..."go to Spinney!"

::) :thumb:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check wunderground.com for wind patterns for Hartsel, Co. You can easily have mishaps when trying to load/unload a boat on the Spinney north ramp when the wind is up.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
arent you glad they spent all that money on anteros s ramp so they could close it?
paved 11miles campgrounds roads. bc camping, a good paved roads important... smh.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Spinney ramp def needs help...

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
A fight almost broke out one day at the Spinney ramp because someone was cursing someone else out because of a car alarm... Not sure more boat ramps or better situated ones would have helped that day... :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
It has been a while since I have been down there. Did they ever put that break water back in around the north ramp?

I always drove the extra distance to go to the south ramp. It is worth the time.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My II Cents

Camp ground generates more revenue I would guess.

The south ramp is hard for me because of the short dock, a longer boat and steep ramp.

No the wind never blows it just howls.

I spent 20 mins. bobbing around waiting to get off in the howl yesterday.
A guy was launching a pontoon in that wind and it got sideways and blew up onto the ramp on the east side.
The west side they couldn't get the boat loaded.

Not the first time just got to me.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My II Cents

Pontoons on Spinney or 11 Mile are the norm.

This guy was alone with his pontoon and I watched him pull it off the trailer and tie the front off to the dock.

The wind was coming from the south and it blew the rear of the toon around onto the ramp.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Camp ground generates more revenue I would guess.

The south ramp is hard for me because of the short dock, a longer boat and steep ramp.

No the wind never blows it just howls.

I spent 20 mins. bobbing around waiting to get off in the howl yesterday.
A guy was launching a pontoon in that wind and it got sideways and blew up onto the ramp on the east side.
The west side they couldn't get the boat loaded.

Not the first time just got to me.
If you ever need help getting that boat launched on a Monday let me know..... 8)

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Always thought a tire reef out front of the north ramp would make a lot of sense.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
First time I ever attempted to put a boat on a trailer alone was at Spinney in the afternoon wind. I get beads of sweat on my forehead just thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My II Cents

I don't understand why you would want to struggle getting a boat on the trailer. They make trailer guides that work well.
I have them at the rear where the trailer frame narrows and by the bow, so 3 guides per side.
My 20 footer has no choice but to set on the trailer and I fish alone a lot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts