Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PARK OPENING DATE ANNOUNCED FOR THE 2017 SEASON
The lake is now free of ice and the park will open one half hour before sunrise (6:14 AM) on April 1st for the 2017 summer season. Only the North Boat Ramp will be available for use due to low water at the South Ramp.

FIRE BAN IN EFFECT--All of Park County is currently under a Fire Ban. Wood and charcoal fires are prohibited. Only propane or LPG fueled grills, stoves, lanterns and similar devices with an on/off switch are permitted at this time.​

Bill

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Waiting for Goon to come on and bash the lake and those who fish it in 3....2....1.....

I might try to get out there sometime opening week. Not on a weekend though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
625 Posts
looks like opening day is going to be all kinds of cold and snowy....dunno if anything will be biting if anyone is brave enough to be fishing.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree, the worse the weather the better the fishing. Be careful getting there and going home, it's only a fish.
Bill

·
Registered
926 Posts
They will still bite on Sunday... I'm not going to risk driving up there in the forecasted conditions Saturday morning.

·
Registered
625 Posts
They will still bite on Sunday... I'm not going to risk driving up there in the forecasted conditions Saturday morning.
I have to work Sunday...and for the week after that. but yea, I think it's going to be the drive that stops me, not the weather for fishing. rain turning to snow on winding mtn roads....even with 4wd I don't want a 2.5 hour drive to turn into 6 or worse.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts