Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great day for fishing caught a dozen or so Kokes on san juan worms, the father in law caught a a handfull of kokes too one being a 23"er.  He also caught a 24" cutbow on a homemade egg pattern by "Doug"  a real nice older guy who I think lives there (he probably caught over hundred kokanee almost every cast)  Another guy Tim was fishing with us caught a 25"+ brown (tape measure only went to 24" and it had atleast another inch to the fish) .  It was great meeting everyone, and hopefully some of them will post how well they did  aswell.  Oh and I caught a lobster on a copper john (huge crawdad).

Here are some of the random pictures from my camera, I didnt take a ton as I kept forgetting I had a camera feel free to post any that you guys took.

T

·
0 Posts
Re: Spinney Mountain Ranch 10-15 Fly fishing get together

Wow-

Nice size and beautiful fishes!

Is that on a private stretch of water?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

No its the south platte between 11-mile and Spinney... Its gold medal water and is catch and release.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

epic nice to hear about the kokanee, were you by the orange fence ? , i was there awhile back and did really good for the kokes right at the bridge, very nice brown trout also

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Most of us were on the otherside of the orange fence closer to the 11 mile inlet... The fish were found in deeper holes with dark weed patterns.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ken Broeren said:
ePiC said:
Most of us were on the otherside of the orange fence closer to the 11 mile inlet... The fish were found in deeper holes with dark weed patterns.
Inside the orange fence, the kokes were stacked up on top of each other - it was pretty cool!
Yeah this is how we put Ken on fish "Hey Ken the DOW guy isnt looking cast right there!!!!" :p Just kidding, but you could see them swimming around in there it was pretty kewl looking.

·
Registered
943 Posts

i caught 3 browns all on a #0 blue fox spinner. smallest 4" but it won me a hat and coffee mug ;D thanks ken. one about 10" and one about 13"

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

kokaneeking said:
has the dow milked any kokes yet ?
yes

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

Ken Broeren said:
Yes, it was a good time.  Thanks everyone who made it happen - if you didn't make it, you missed a good time.  Even a novice fly fisherman like myself had fun on the river with these guys - they put me on some fish and hooked me up with the right flies.   ;D

Here's a pic of Rottal with a nice looking koke...

Hey....who Photoshopped that Koke? i swear it was at least 24 inches.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts