Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;D Took the ole lady out sat 11 th. not a puff of wind. went 200 yards out from 2nd bathroom, got in the water around 9:00 am. took strikes about every 30 seconds, between the two of us until her waders leaked, got out at noon. calibeatis coming off like crazy from about 10:00 til we got out, and they were still coming off. it was'nt really fishing, more like hooking and catching. average from 14' to 20' no real pigs. wild fish fighting much harder than the stocker duds. landed about 25 between the two of us, lost a **** pile as well. fished nymphs 8 feet under indicator 4x florocarbon leader to 5x floro tippet. its no Antero but a lot of fun go check it out this weeked, with the high sun the calibeatis hatch should be rippen, tight lines!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Oh Boy!! Good report! I'm glad the Calibeatis are coming off! I usually go out from the 1st outhouse, but next time I'm there I will probably drive to the 2nd! Doesn't seem like you had to go out too far at 200 yards. That will save your legs! I'm used to having to go out twice that! Did you happen to try midge nymphs? Or did you just stick with the Calibaetis imitation?

Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fished frostbite chronomids in rootbeer size 14 on a tiemco 2487 hooked a few fish wanted a standard size 16 copperjohn over anything. 10:00 came around they would eat a size 14 hares ear but still ate the copperjohn, i didnt take it off

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Great report! Hope you had a blast!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts