Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went over to Spinney for my first ever "Opening Day". I was in shock!! I thought I had regressed 40+ years and was a kid again up in New Jersey. I lasted a couple hours and caught two fat 13-14" bows. Went home for lunch then back over about 4:00pm. It had emptied out quite a bit by then and I managed to catch 8 bows with one at 221/2" , one at 19" and one at 18", a very dark back bright red mid and almost black belly?
I went back over yesterday afternoon, after my "honey-do's" and fished 1 1/2 hours 4:30 to 6:00 (not crowded at all) Caught 6 of 15 bites, all bows and the largest was 19". Every fish was FAT and looked very healthy.
Headed back out this afternoon, I let you know what happens.
Most of the fish caught were on ultra-light spin tackle, although I did manage two (one 19") on Copper John's with my spastic fly rod in the wind.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fished this afternoon from 1:30 to 4:30. More people than yesterday afternoon, but not bad. I had 10 bows 8 in the 12"-14" range and two at 18". Caught 4 on egg pattern flies and the rest on spinner baits. The egg pattern was working well and I saw several nice 16" + fish caught on them. Good luck to all and have a great Easter W/E.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i am goin monday for the day you wanna go again or for your first time let me know

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If this wind let's up this afternoon I will probably give it a shot for a couple hours. I will more than likely go over Monday. Why don't you drop me an e-mail [email protected] and possibly we can meet up. Do you spin fish fly fish or both? I have a place in Hartsel, so it's only a 15 minute ride for me to get over there.
It's blowing really hard this morning, hopefully it will lay down over the next couple days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts