Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of heading down Wednesday and was wondering where to go. Will spinney still be fishing good? Will I have good dry fly fishing on the Ark? Should I stay home and drink beer in my boxers and read old flyfisherman issues?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hatch..I was a Spinney on friday(4-21) and did well. I didn't get the fly rod out on the lake but instead took the advice I read here and the paper and I trolled hardware. I caught 25 nice fish..one brown over 20. I saw flyfisherman in tubes catching fish as well. Went to the dream stream after and saw several fish feeding on the surface. Tried for about an hour but didn't get any takes..I would go to SP if it were me.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It depends on if you want to catch a bunch of 10-14" browns in the stream, or a bunch of 14-20+" rainbows in the lake!!

Go to Spinney and use your strike indicator with a size 16 PT..... Or if the wind picks up... Start pitching the heavy flies - Wooly buggers in the mudline... You will nail them.

BTW - You can still have your boxers on under your waders, AND drink some beers!!

Tim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts