Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had to choose between Spinney or Williams Fork for early season Pike, where would you go? I know nothing about Williams Fork res, but it may be a nice change to get out of the wind for a fishing trip. ;) Any info would be awsome. Thanks

Pope

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wil fork is not really getting out of the wind, the two are really different as far as structure, spinney/11 mile probably has better population, but have seen some monsters laying around the fork, catching is a different story though

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I am trying to decide myself where to go on Monday?

I have fished the South park area for 24 years now. 11-Mile is the most balanced fishery. It has good numbers of Pike and big ones. Spinneys number are down now because they starved them out! But there are still lots of big Pike in there. Williams Fork has the perfect regulations! All Pike between 26-34 inchs are protected. You can harvest small pike (which is always good for lake) and if you did catch a true trophy you are allowed one fish over the slot.

The nice thing about Spinney is that you can get there early and catch and release 3-6 lb trout all morning, then fish for pike in the afternoon. If you just want to fish for Pike, either 11-Mile or Williams Fork are good choices for the next 30 days.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Neal,
That was the question all along. Do I want to only fish only for pike or give myself some other opertunities to catch other fish. I was looking for a different view, because I have spent a lot of time fishing 11-Mile/ Spinney for the last few years and it seems I can not get away. Thanks Pope

·
Registered
296 Posts
id fish the fork they both arew about the same distance from my house spinney has to many damn mosquitos. the fork is a little bit cooler temp wise than the valley of the sun. the levels are coming up,water wise you can launch boats. the fork has many ,many huge fish in that body of water

1 - 6 of 6 Posts