Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riverbear and I worked the lake for a few days and a had great time. I caught 7 trout the first day, 31 the second day(30 trout 1 pike), and finished the last day with 33 trout. Used woollybuggers in black and brown. The weighted flys caught larger trout holding in the deeper water. Water temps were up to 47 degrees. Spinney is fishing good right now!!!!!!!!

·
P I K E
10,160 Posts
zman said:
We can hope!
  GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!       LOL.....JK  z
    I have seen little pike come out of the big browns out of Spinney.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Seven trout fit the slot, but we did not see the numbers of larger trout that  we normally do. The largest trout was 22". The pike was 23" and it had  a 5" rainbow in its belly and it was still hungery. Last trout it will ever eat. Here is a pic of a nice cuttbow from Spinney last year that had a pike stuck in its mouth.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have to say that I love those pontoons that you guys have. I have one that I bought from Cabelas but I haven't had it out on Spinney yet. I need to get a trolling motor like you guys have but I don't want to have to register it with the state. Anyways nice trout.

·
OG LOKE
18,957 Posts
Any vessel that has a electric or gas motor or is powered by sails needs to be registered.

·
Registered
529 Posts
roth2000 said:
Thats my understanding of the regulations.  Someone please tell me if I'm wrong on this.
That is correct it must be registered. Lunkerville, better be careful there...

B

·
0 Posts
yeah, anything with a motor on it need a boat registration, hey come Gov Bill needs the revenue!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Spinney is not a good shore fishing lake imo. Even if you can find and catch a few, you still have to fend for the spot. With the boats you have much more freedom, and it is harder for people to invade my space when we are on the fish. Hatch did you fish there last Saturday?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hatch,
Spinney is better in a boat, but if you work the shoreline hard you will catch fish. My son and I worked the area between the boat dock and dam all morning on opening day, and did great. He caught a 21" Brown and I got a 20.5". You just have to keep trying different lures and see what they want, then hit it hard!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I didn't go on Sat. I was going to go today but had to stay in town for work. It seems everytime i try and go to Spinney something comes up. Maybe I'll have to drag my little boat down there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts