Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a report with you all on Spinney, since I see that so many of you were wanting to hit that place in the near future. I am not a big lake fisherman, so I mainly stick to the rivers. Got to the river above Spinney at 7 and fished it until 10:00. Couldn't take the brutal wind any longer >:D Anyway, caught close to a hundred fish between my cousin and I. All between 15-20". All you need are some eggs and anything else would work as well. Flows are super low. I would say around 35cfs, so lots of shadows in the river ;) I did not take many pics, as none were real photo worthy. These fish were not the prettiest I must admit. They are beat up most of them. They are stocked hofer rainbows too and many of them had one or more fins worn off from the hatchery it looks like. If you have kids or want to work in that fly rod give it a shot in the next week or so. Tight lines!

·
Registered
48 Posts
spinney nice day for ya i cant even get out there man its so windy and its unforgiving and i cant fly fish or even get out on my belly boat i would be on the other side of the res.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try that river above Spinney. It is small and runs low. Helps with the wind, as you don't have to cast too far. I wouldn't think you would even need a fly rod either. I am sure a spin cast with an egg fly and a bb splitshot about 18" above would work fine. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts