Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up there around 3 and almost turned back because the wind was so bad. Ended up going out there anyway. Stayed on shore and within 20 minutes I had already landed 4 with one being about 20in and close to 5 pounds!!! It payed off braving the elements yesterday. Ended the day with over 15 landed and plenty more lost. Fished off the shore with a strike indicator and a wooly bugger. pics to come soon!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Man your so lucky. I cant wait to get out there. Remember the fishing is always better when its windy. The fish aren't so spooky ;)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats on the success. Just curious - looks like the wind was in your face in the pics -- how was it casting the long rod under those circumstances? I've only been able to deal with wind like that ok when it was at my back.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Knute,
I just tried to keep my casts as low as possible. I think i could only get them out about 20 ft at most but the fish were just right along the shore so the waves just carried my line right back to me.

Hoping the weather continues to get better!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah it was like that when I got there yesterday- picked up 3 fish the first 1/2 hour before the wind got real bad (40 m.p.h.). Pretty much sucked after that.....

·
Registered
699 Posts
i have that lake figured out big time and if anyone wants to go i will share my knowledge and experience of that lake

i will be there wednesday the 13th and can put you on fish if you want to go
just sendme a pm or hell give me a call at 719-360-7088

1 - 20 of 21 Posts