Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spinney-I fished spinney and the blue today with "Silent Light."I'll refer to him as J. I'm sure you all remember him. Did spinney in the morn and the blue for a few hours in the evening. I landed three at spinney, one bow, one brown and one cutbow. "J" got two. All mine were caught on a red copper john. Not an amazing day but still a blast. Once it got windy we decided to head to the blue.

Blue-We tried a few patterns but mysis ended up being the producer. I lost what was easily my biggest blue river trout ever and landed three more. It's definitely interesting fishing the blue with the high flows right now. All the fish are stacked along the banks."J" landed about fifteen in the few hours we were there. His fly fishing skills are far superior to mine. It was cool to get back up to silverthorne to fish the blue again. And as always, spinney was fun. Check out my pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wow, there is dedication. Spinney to the Blue, that's some decent windshield time. Definetly never fished those two on the same day. Good looking fish in what looks like some big water in the river right now

·
Registered
585 Posts
Wow, there is dedication. Spinney to the Blue, that's some decent windshield time. Definetly never fished those two on the same day. Good looking fish in what looks like some big water in the river right now
Hop over the pass from Fairplay to Breck. Its not a bad drive at all. Sounds like a fun day guys, nice work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts