Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished spinney today. Did very very well. Caught many fish. I was told that green was the midge to use, did not catch a thing on green, caught everything on maroon and gold ribbed chrono. Only saw one other fish landed. 2 of our fish went over 21. All are back swimming. Wind started pretty early, like 930 or so. No pics because it was pretty quick.

·
Registered
239 Posts
When the wind kicks in, the bite is on. All that wave action knocks bugs around. It's not like casting a dry to a rising fish but dropping that emerger or nymph can be the ticket. When I got bored of that I just targeted pike until once again boredom sat in. I'd even leave and go sight fish Colorado bonefish in Eleven Mile. The big waves made picking them out from shore easy.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
When the wind kicks in, the bite is on. All that wave action knocks bugs around. It's not like casting a dry to a rising fish but dropping that emerger or nymph can be the ticket. When I got bored of that I just targeted pike until once again boredom sat in. I'd even leave and go sight fish Colorado bonefish in Eleven Mile. The big waves made picking them out from shore easy.
Pics?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts