Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I'd rather consume drinks spiked with roofies at tracks nightclub.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I'm a little unclear how you feel there Dave!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I'm a little unclear how you feel there Dave!
It means I'd rather be drugged and gang raped by bears at a gay nightclub than partake in festival fishing with most of Colorado in attendance.

It is always glorious to read the skunk reports on the other site on the day of the opener.... No duh the fish didn't bite.. Probably because they thought the apocalypse was occurring with the rain of flashy lures being thrown at them...

"Man we showed up and there were a couple hundred people waiting to get in. We didn't get a bite but man was it fun!"

Spinney opening day is like fishing the aresnal for me. Never understood the appeal of combat fishing... when there's lots of better places to wet a line for the same species if you're willing to do more digging... with possibly better results. Such as the lake 2 miles east...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
EXACTLY Dave. I never saw the need to rush up there and join the mobs for "opening day". I don't think the fishing is any worse two-three weeks later for sure.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It means I'd rather be drugged and gang raped by bears at a gay nightclub than partake in festival fishing with most of Colorado in attendance.

It is always glorious to read the skunk reports on the other site on the day of the opener.... No duh the fish didn't bite.. Probably because they thought the apocalypse was occurring with the rain of flashy lures being thrown at them...

"Man we showed up and there were a couple hundred people waiting to get in. We didn't get a bite but man was it fun!"

Spinney opening day is like fishing the aresnal for me. Never understood the appeal of combat fishing... when there's lots of better places to wet a line for the same species if you're willing to do more digging... with possibly better results. Such as the lake 2 miles east...
Couldn't agree more, (well, as long as it's not big ol' grizzlys) and the fish east of there don't have that muddy taste.

·
Registered
902 Posts
**** i know i wish i was there. is this what yall tell yourselves when you miss opening day? i was at the mile yesterday and got skunked hardcore... even different groups of ogs who been fishing the mile before i was born didnt have much if any luck.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Lol no, I ask myself how the yampa is fishing...

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Spinney is one of the few places in Colorado that has an opening day. I know of one other that opens always on May 1st. in Colorado, most everything else is just always open.

To each their own, some prefer the solitude, some like the tradition that comes with an opening day (along with the crowd), in some places back east opening day is a big deal and a tradition, which is probably why some folks enjoy the Spinney mayhem.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Spinney is one of the few places in Colorado that has an opening day. I know of one other that opens always on May 1st. in Colorado, most everything else is just always open.

To each their own, some prefer the solitude, some like the tradition that comes with an opening day (along with the crowd), in some places back east opening day is a big deal and a tradition, which is probably why some folks enjoy the Spinney mayhem.
I guess..

Just not for me. It will however take the pressure off 11 mile and the DS.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I'd go if I had the time. Don't care about the crowds. When it's on there around this time of year, there is plenty of room for everyone.

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Used to fish the Spinn opening all the time. Only reason we quit was that the size/quality of fish declined quite a bit over the years. So I switched to 11-mile opening day and never looked back.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I can't wait until Rosemont opens, but that day is always set at 10 May. Not big fish, lures only and a lot of eager to bite mid-size fish. Pretty scenery as well, and a short hike from parking area.

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Always did the Cheese opening also. Until all the post-hayman restrictions-

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Sswanie sighting!!! Nice bud, what were the measurements?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts