Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Spin a couple days this week walking the shore casting to the cruisers. The lake is super low [8-10ft ] but the water was clear and easy to spot fish over gravel in 2-5 fow. Released 21 in the 2 days with most taking the san juan worm but wooly worms, halfbacks, chironimids also worked. Most were 19-22" and healthy. I'll try to add pics... Tightlinez

Attachments

·
Registered
386 Posts
Vinnie,
Pretty work with the long rod. Is that picture of North Bay, just not enough background to figure it out?
Hopefully the weather gets squared away and we get some water in the lake, looks like the South Platte is now back over 100% snopack for the season although we won't be getting that 400+/- out of Antero this year.
See you on the water,
Bill

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Nice work for sure!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bill- That's from the peninsula looking at 3 bushes and the Island to the left. Remember the day we met throwin drys. Have a safe trip back.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

IMO
Spinney water level in spring.

Lowest water level at ice off, spring was during the drought. If I remember right there were a couple years water was so low you could not launch a boat.

Last spring was a wet one, rain, warmed up early so snow melt filled it up.

Spring , ice off water level is influenced by weather the most, most times it's low until the weather warms up and snow melt fills it up.

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
They've been filling Atown. Its as full as Ive ever seen it.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Nice fish.... You are the king of the Spinney mosh pit for sure...

·
Registered
386 Posts
Spinney was very low in 2011, down 14' on the open. That was the lowest level I've seen in 10 years of fishing at this lake. Both boat ramps were closed.

Last year it was down about 7' and filled up quickly. Keep in mind, they were dumping 400cfs out of Antero last year in addition to the runoff.

Currently snowpack in the S. Platte system is at 112% of normal and 117% of last year.

Statewide we are at 99% of normal and 160% of last year, happiness is a strong El Nino.

http://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal/nrcs/detail/co/snow/products/?cid=nrcs144p2_063323

Bill

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
And it's not done yet.... Colorado reservoirs are winning big time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts