Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who's going to catch spinney for opening weekend? I intend to finally get into the pike there and of course a mandatory 24" trout.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Pike not so much early. I won't go there on the weekend. mid-week is usually when they open. If work permits I will hit it near opening day.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Opening is sat if it's the 15th. I'm not excited about a weekend but I'll go freeze my butt.

Pike just not active then or you don't want em?

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Just saying Opening day rarely see any nice pike. All trout.

·
Registered
386 Posts
CPW notes that Spinney will open at ice off, yes, this usually happens mid April but NO OPENING date has been announced and the lake is capped. Warm weather could see a much earlier opening.
Bill

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CPW notes that Spinney will open at ice off, yes, this usually happens mid April but NO OPENING date has been announced and the lake is capped. Warm weather could see a much earlier opening.
Bill
I thought when I asked earlier that the consensus was that it would be apr 15 or later but not earlier? I'd love it to be a tuesday or something where the masses have a harder time getting the day off. but not a tuesday that I have to work.

·
Registered
386 Posts
From past experience they don't shoot for a w/e opening, not sure of all the parameters but I know they want the ice gone before they open, yes midweek would be great.
Bill

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Meh, ice off is ice off. I know a lot of people that used to go up for opening day just for pike, and always did ok for them. If the wind is blowing ("if" :D ), you will do ok, IMO.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts