Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you had to guess, what day do you think spinney will open this year??

I leave to Korea in early may and I wanted to see (based of guessing) if I should wait to see when it opens or just take leave now and go fish another place in Colorado. I won't be back for some years so I really wanna go once more before I leave.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's the goal for me...last week of April is when I'll go home for leave.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Heard a rumor it was this Wed........can't confirm yet

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My II Cents

Heard a rumor it was this Wed........can't confirm yet
RUMOR? More like BS IMO.

I posted that I was up there last weekend and there was open water at the inlet. Doubt it will open Wed.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Chaparral park general store recording says shore fishing this week (719) 836-0308

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know it says shore fishing...but you think they will let float tubes out there??

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
My II Cents

Correction;

I'm talking OPEN TO BOATING.

:)

·
Registered
902 Posts
I'm pretty sure spinney doesn't open to anyone shore gloat tube or boat till the day it opens. 11 mile can't stop you from belly boats but won't let kayaks or anything else on till all ice is melted. Ranger thinks you can get cut in half by ice...which I don't doubt could happen. I could also fall and bust my head on a rock from truck to water but I don't see a rock ban.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
As of the 2nd of April it had only 15% ice. My guess is with the warmer days and wind the past few days it is ice free, so it should be opening this week sometime.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sure looked like all the ice was gone today. With the steady wind today doubt any ice would still be on water. Looked to be all stacked up on shore.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Late news but Spinney opened last Friday 4/10. I fished it Sunday with the strong winds and managed to do well given the conditions. I landed 10 and my buddy landed 2. Leeches and egg patterns.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Should have been there opening day. My buddy and I each landed a bunch of fish (you wouldn't believe me if I told you how many) with many others lost/missed. One of the top few days I've ever had there. Only a few small ones too. Most of them were beasts.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Should have been there opening day. My buddy and I each landed a bunch of fish (you wouldn't believe me if I told you how many) with many others lost/missed. One of the top few days I've ever had there. Only a few small ones too. Most of them were beasts.
give us some pics of these opener day beasts!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts