Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently using sedona spinning reels and I am thinking about upgrading. What do you guys use and or recomend??

F

·
0 Posts
I have a plueger that is the best spinner reel ive ever used ...I have a combo that is perfectly matched . Great for bass fishing or trout fishing .

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am looking for specifics such as model #. Does anyone use the high speed spinning reels?

T

·
0 Posts
Using Quantum Plazma & Quantum Catalyst. Very smooth and because I'm a shore fisherman, I get the distance without having to wade. I can't complain. My brother has a Quantum, also(no complaints). I've used Shimano, because my dad will buy only Shimano. I don't really care for those.

F

·
0 Posts
its a trion is all i know ...and the gear ratio is higher then im used to ...almost like a baitcaster made for burnin spinnerbaits

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
I use a Shimano Symetre,actually have 7 of them in various sizes.The 1000 size is the ones I use the most,Have a 2000 and some 4000's.I think they have 1500's and 2500's nowadays.They are about 80 bucks each and they can take a lot of abuse / or just plain old heavy use.They are very light and cast like a dream.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
I also have a Stradic 4000. I use it for Pike fishing and wipers. I have a Stradic 2500 which is the best all round size for everything else. Then I have two Spirex 2000 that I use for jigging.

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Jeez,I forgot what is arguably the most important thing-the DRAG!These reals have the smoothest drags going,even when ice fishing at 11-mile at 10 below the drags are silky-smooth.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I really have ahad good luck with Shimano product and I was leaning towards a High speed reel. Well I will have to make a choice b/t symetric and stradic. What is the real difference b/t the two.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
The reason i like the Stradic 4000 is the speed and the large spool. I can use it to throw unweighted soft plastics for Pike and still get alot of distance! I can also throw a 1/2 oz Rattle Trap a frickin mile, LOL.

T

·
0 Posts
Wow. Maybe thats why my Dad stuck with the Stradic. Maybe I will go out and get me a Stradic too.

I'm still content with with the Quantum.

Do they have the Stradic in different sizes?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I did it. I pulled the trigger and spent the bucks on two Stradic 2500's. They will be delivered next wk. Early Christmas present to myself. I hope the reel quality justifies the price. I have never paid more than 50 bucks on a spinning reel but dam it Im worth.

·
Registered
157 Posts
fishfreak72880 said:
i HAVE A MITCHALL AND IT WORK GREAT IT IS A 308X TAKE A LOOK AT ONE
THAY WORK GREAT . I HAVE HAD MY FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS.
Exact same reel I have. They are great reels. Had one pretty much since 1980-something.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts