Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed over the years, that most of the dozens of Shimano loyalists I have met, mostly use the 2000-2500 size Stradics, Spirex, Syemyte and etc. I have three 2000 Spirex I use for all my spinning chores.

Last summer I got a Stradic 4000 to match up with my 7' MH St Croix rod. I use this setup to throw jerkbaits, large soft plastics, most of my Pike fishing and anything over a 1/2 oz, when i don't have a baitcaster with me. I really like casting with the wider spool! The 4000 series definately weighs more but i am thinking about getting another to match up with my 7' M rod. I will still use the lighter Spirex on my jigging rod.

Do any of you guys use bigger reels than the standard 200 series? I asked this same question on Walleye Central and have gotten no response :mad:

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Hey,I use my symetre 4000's for saltwater spinning.They cast a mile with a 1oz lure and 8 1/2 ft. rod.I outcast most other people on the beach.98% of all my freshwater fishing is on symetre 1000's and 6lb on 7ft rods.They also cast a mile.I like the smaller,lighter reels for chuckin all day long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts