Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to how everyone else stores their spoons and blade baits. After the recent firesale purchases of blade baits (thanks Slayer!), I am wondering if anyone has an opinion on the best storage options for them.

Putting them into my standard adjustable planos made me think I am not being compact enough. Started using the thinner 3601 boxes last year to maximize space but even these are slightly deeper than needed for spoons. Looking at the plano spoon box but worried it'll be odd sized/bulky for my standard storage systems (several 3700's and 3600's). I carry a back pack most of the time and usually grab the the few that I need from the box/bags.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Would love to see some pictures if you have a custom idea.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I figured out a nice little trick with spoons/kastys. I put them all in the same compartment of a Plano box and make sure the box gets tossed around a lot. It's really convenient to grab any one of them and have them all come out together in one big bunch.

Trick also works great with cranks and jerks.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Have you looked at Amish Outfitter spoon bags. I use the large size for my big spoons. I like them, I haven't used them for small spoons, I just through those in a plano box like everyone else.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I saw this video a couple years back and it works real well. I just use cheap regular rubber bands. It works on blade baits also.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Nah just let them all hook together.Like Ghosty said you'll know right away which are the sharpest!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback. I continue to roll with my plano boxes (and give a review on the spoon box once received).

With that, do you change the hooks out on the smaller BPS lazer blades? Used them for the first time this weekend and found the hooks getting tangled with each other irregularly. However, was still very impressed with them and they out fished my spoons (biggest was 3.5lbs)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
With that, do you change the hooks out on the smaller BPS lazer blades? Used them for the first time this weekend and found the hooks getting tangled with each other irregularly. However, was still very impressed with them and they out fished my spoons (biggest was 3.5lbs)
10-15# Floro leader helps. They still have 1000+1 ways to get tangled (usually on the perfect cast)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts