Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attented the bass 101 class...it went pretty well. Learned alot of things about bass fishing in Colorado. Was introduced to braided-line......looks like good stuff..I have only used mono so far. Anyways, first time Ive been to a class about fishing....really gets you thinking about new techniques and such...

Pondfisher

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Pondfisher --- What all did I miss? I got out of work early to head down to that, but not early enough. :( Didn't count on all the traffic in the canyon.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The presenter (forgot his name) began with an intro about the characteristics of black bass (comfort zones, feeding habits, ect). We talked about weather patterns and how that can effect the bite. Went over the types of tackle most often used in bass fishing (spin or bait-cast) and the strengths and weakness's of the two. Talked a bit about new lines (braided and floracarbon). Went over the major types of lures and how and when to use them. Really just a beginning class for those fishermen that have not targeted Mr. Bass before.

I really enjoyed it....learned a lot more about the use of soft plastics like senkos and flukes.....If they do this again I would recommend attending!

Pondfisher

·
Registered
578 Posts
Pondfisher said:
Attented the bass 101 class...it went pretty well.  Learned alot of things about bass fishing in Colorado. Was introduced to braided-line......looks like good stuff..I have only used mono so far.  Anyways, first time Ive been to a class about fishing....really gets you thinking about new techniques and such...

Pondfisher
Can you give us some tips that you learned? I wasn't able to attend the class. I'd really like to know some new info!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My previous log pretty much sums it up...all the info was pretty baisic. The class was created to give people who have never fished for bass before a bit of info to get started. Besided a few rigging tips( texas, carolina, drop-shot) much of the info was pretty standard stuff....what is the bass's comfort zone....differences between small and large-mouth...ect. Much of the info could be found on-line...what was neat was the fact that you could ask questions for clarification.

Pondfisher

1 - 7 of 7 Posts