Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to kill some time with my daughter.....was back by crankbaits and overheard an employee telling a customer that Boyd has some huge wiper and he was telling this guy what big wiper lures to buy and to go to Boyd or Horsetooth........I've fished countless hours at the 'tooth and I know that wiper are hard to come by...........and Boyd has only white bass to my knowledge................moral.........don't take their advice too seriously.....I was pretty shocked to hear what he was saying to this poor guy.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
When I was younger I would have interjected my two cents.

Nowadays I would just have gritted my teeth like you did.

That is one thing I just can't take a fishing department employe doing; blowing smoke up someone's ass. It still amazes me how much it happens.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My II Cents

Depending on my mood at the time:

1 Spoke up and told the kid he was wrong in front of the customer.

2 After the customer walked away I would have told him the truth.

I could not have ignored it.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on my mood at the time:

1 Spoke up and told the kid he was wrong in front of the customer.

2 After the customer walked away I would have told him the truth.

I could not have ignored it.

I almost didn't......but had my 7 year old with me and didn't want deal with it. It was no kid though.......guy in his 60's.....long beard. Customer was late 30's/early 40's........they stood there and bs'd long after I left that section.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Coulda shoulda woulda didn't.

That old man will be fired when sportsman's folds because of bass pro shops opening....

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I was @ Cabelas a few weeks back and an employee was telling a guy when he catches suckers he likes to stab them with a knife and then release them.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Pistol... Don't tell too many people about those tuna... Wouldn't want the internet to find out.

As another funny story along the same lines... With the same moral...

I was carping with Buck at a local pond. Some guy walks up and starts talking to us...

"The spot you're fishing has carp. 100 yards down by that tree is where the rainbow trout are, 100 yards around that side (pointing) are the catfish, on the other side (again pointing) is where the bass are, and over there... Is where all the crappie and perch are"...

There are no trout in that lake... No crappie, no perch, etc.... That guy was the douchiest tool I've ever encountered at that pond. My son even said "There aren't any trout in this lake". The guy just walked away.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had an employee at Front Range Anglers in Boulder tell me that there are trout in Lagerman Res. I said nope, I'm familiar with that water, live near by and just reviewed the latest survey. He still debated it.

I was in Jax in Ft. Collins last year in the fly section and there was this guy there looking at flies and asking the Jax employee for advice. I mentioned a few things that were working for me for warm water species. The customer then proceeds to tell me that there's really good bass & crappie fishing in Dowdy & West lake up at Redfeather Lakes. I told him there are no bass or crappie in there and he starts to argue with me on it. Dude was weird.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Dave I can't say Bass Pro is any better. I've had nothing but crappy experiences there. Their customer service has been awful. They either don't know what the hell they're talking about or they act like they can't be bothered. I cringe every time I go in there. I won't go unless I really have to. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts