Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Sportsmans Warehouse is open in Colorado Springs yet? I didn't think it was supposed to open till next week or the week after. But I got a card in the mail for $10.00 off a $50.00 purchase and there was a sticker on the card saying "NOW OPEN". Is there any truth to this rumor?

Jim

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Dec 3
It also says this on the front of the card you got. :p

·
Registered
405 Posts
Don't know about the one in the Springs, but the new one on Wadsworth Blvd. and Crestline, (two lights north of Bowles southwest corner) opened up a couple of weeks back. I stopped their last night and they had a pretty good selection of ice jigs and rods (no laker rods though, they ordered some in 36 inch lengths after I asked).

But. I saw this weird looking item maybe someone can tell me what it is if you can picture my discription.

It looks like one of those plastic coated wire metal ice rod holders, that you place next to your ice hole and you lay your ice rod across it; usually red in color.

Anyhow, this was a iron metal rod about 1/4 inch in diameter, about three feet long with a spiraled open whatzit on one end, large enough to hold a 16oz bottle of Coke, and on the other end... what I'd call "the stick in the ice end" was just the cut off flat end of the iron rod?

What the heck is this thing? Anyone know? You'd need a six inch long, quarter inch drill bit to make a hole small enough in the ice to stick it into?!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I just heard on Wickstrom's show they are having two openings...

The soft opening they called it is this Wednesday on November 23rd...

The Grand Opening is December 3rd...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts