Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the legal size limit for Spotted bass 15" ??? All I can find is the possesion limit of 5.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You should check at Pueblo. I think the lake sets the size depending on if they or trying build the fishery or not. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
baja said:
All bass in the black bass group are 15 In.
some lakes it varies.
The 15" minimum isn't a very good idea- it makes only SMALLER bass. When the DOW put it on purdy mesa, bass size dropped and thus bluegill numbers increased and the previous trophy bass and bluegill fishery was destroyed. Then, around 2000 I believe, they put in a 12-15" must release slot with only 1 over the slot, and 4 below I believe. The bass size shot up immediately, and the fishery was getting excellent for largemouths of up to and even over 5 pounds again. The place sadly was drained in 2005...but it was a good example of how the 15" minimum fails and how a slot succeeds. Some lakes have an 18" minimum for bass, or at least used to. (note, the above post was about largemouth bass).

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Slots do work well. There is a lake in Texas that uses slots..... I think it's call Lake Fork or something like that I wonder if it's doing any good.  ::)

This fish was found dead in the lake. Over 20 pounds.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
sorry for the different type of bass, but wats the white bass size limit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts