Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Spring Brown Trout (vid)

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  im trout of here 
#1 ·
I just wanted to share some of the front range stream fish I have been getting into over a few trips this spring. All browns.

I got out early in March and was shut out by 95% ice cover on lower Clear Creek and retreated to the brewery in Golden (good beer). Then started to find some open water over the next couple of weeks with the warmer weather and started to hook up.

At first, hookups were on nymphs, but I have had success on smaller dries more recently. Fish are really starting to get active out there. Other than the flies shown in the video, I also hooked up with an x-caddis (go figure), I think they were hitting emergers and couldn't resist.

Flows were relatively low and water was pretty clear most days.

Please enjoy the video in as high quality you can, I think it comes out better that way, even if you have to wait a sec for it to load.

Have a good one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GncO62Jvkeo

See less See more
#12 ·
Thanks for the kind words everyone. This is the first year I have had success this early, so I am having a good time. I'm just using a canon vixia camcorder. I tried to embed the video here, but I am no expert. I took the link from youtube, checked the post preview and all I saw was the text. It could have just been operator error, but it did not seem to work for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.